Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Baby Boy....oooh excuse me my Big Boy

Well It's official...it's October 22nd, which means my baby is now a big boy and has officially turned 5. I simply cannot believe it. Where have those 5 years gone? I still remember October 21st, 2004 completely clearly. Now you all are probably saying...wait a minute he was born the 22nd...and you are right, but his birth starts on the 21st. I can remember being at my job at that time, Tutor Time, and saying to everyone, "I will be right back, I'm just going for my ultrasound....see everyone in like 2 hours." Well you guessed it...those 2 hours turned into 6 weeks. My son dramatic since the start :) I went for my ultrasound, thinking everything was normal...and then everybody gets all mysterious....the technician, is in and out of the room, the staff are going back and forth, and then finally, me getting rather annoyed, because I don't know what is going on, ask "is everything ok?" The technician says get dressed, and sit in the waiting room, we are waiting for Dr. Ronan to call us back, concerning you." so I got dressed, and waited. About an hour later, they came and told me, go to the hospital, Dr. Ronan will meet you there. So the scared little girl that I am....call my Mom....and head to the hospital...only when I called her...I didn't know anything...so I went to the hospital, and they had a room ready...and Dr. Ronan was there....nothing horrible, I just needed to get IV Fluid through the night, and then the next morning they would induce labor. So I spent the night with a needle in my arm, contemplating the next day...when I would meet my little baby boy.

The next morning at 8:30 AM sharp, they started the inducing drugs....and I admit it...I said....I don't want pain medicine...no drugs for me...not at all....haha yeah right....the first sign of pain....I was begging....:)

At exactly 7:10 that night...my little boy was there....Nicholas Gino Federico, my baby boy. Now there is a very funny story that should be put in here...but out of my own embarrassment I won't say it...but Auntie Jo...you know what it is....(the first meeting of my son)

The next 5 years pass in a huge blur....don't get me wrong I have lots and lots of adorable stories...

His christening for example....when his Godmother/Great Aunt (sorry Auntie Jo...but it's true) kept the towel to clean his head off, after the water, and the deacon says "who has my towel" or the first time he said "mama" or when he finally crawled for the first time, or walked for that matter....how about his first day of pre-school, and taking the bus, like such a big boy. I have millions of them, and I could take up the rest of the night and probably all the next day discussing them....so I will spare everyone :)

Then there are the not so good times...like when at 2 weeks old...my baby was admitted to the hospital for an infected finger....yes that's right an infected finger....I felt like the worst mother in the world at that point...my baby was only two weeks old and he was already hospitalized :(

Or the more recent two stitches in his head, because he tripped over his own feet while playing and went head first into the corner of a wall....

But these past 5 years, while passing quickly have also been the greatest of my life, I have had the privilege of raising one of the cutest, smartest, funniest, most adorable children in the world...my little boy.

And as is tradition with me, and everyone who knows me knows this, A BIG BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION will be starting today and ending on Sunday. :) We have parties at school, parties at home, parties at his gym, and our big family party, for the rest of the weekend...

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY VERY SPECIAL LITTLE BOY....I LOVE YOU NICHOLAS. I still can't believe you have turned 5 today....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment